Post image for Nutella & Coconut Milk Panna Cotta topped w/ Crunchy Toasted Coconut Brittle {Happy Valentines Day}

by Sara Hafiz on February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I have to admit I’m not a huge fan of this holiday but I do end up celebrating it. I don’t need a holiday to tell me when to tell my loved ones that I love them. Anyhow, I must admit it is fun to go out for dinner and receive gifts from hubby and the kids. I wish all you all a wonderful Valentines Day! I love all of my readers and thank you so much for giving me so much love! xoxo

{Frank Sinatra}

I’ve got you under my skin

I’ve got you deep in the heart of me

So deep in my heart, that you are really a part of me

I’ve got you under my skin

Since we are talking about love, here’s a trailer for one of my favorite romantic movies of all time, Serendipity!

Check it out!

Norah Jones~ Don’t know why

My adorable niece, Serina

Okay so this Nutella & Coconut milk recipe was inspired by my love for Nutella! I wanted to make a decadent yet easy to make dessert which the entire family would love. This dessert comes together quite quickly, you do however need to cool the panna cotta in the fridge for about 4 to 6 hours. I also made a toasted coconut brittle topping for the panna cotta, which is a pleasant crunchy & tasty garnish! Coconut milk gives the dessert a unique creamy tropical taste.

Rosa February 14, 2011 at 12:01 pm

What a luscious dessert! Perfect to celebrate love.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

eclectic gourmet February 14, 2011 at 12:25 pm

happy Vday!
great pictures and recipe!

Lael Hazan @educatedpalate February 14, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Hmn…. lovely! I’ve not seen the movie Serendipity, now I have two new fun things to try.

Happy Valentine’s day!

Lael

sharizat February 14, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I don’t care much for valentine’s but your recipe and the whole post is very creative and lovely :)

Jennifer1 February 14, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Dang, this looks good! happy v day sweetheart!

foodwanderings February 14, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Love the brittle and the panna cotta. Love how you captured it all with your lense. Happy Valentine’s Day Sara!!

Sara February 14, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Thanks guys! Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day with your loved ones! xo

Faith February 14, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Love this adorable post, Sara! This sounds really fantastic with the coconut milk and coconut brittle…and I love those beautiful cups!

Faith February 14, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Forgot to say, Happy Valentine’s Day, sweetie! XO

Ameena February 14, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I totally agree with you – I am not a big fan of this holiday because I try to acknowledge my loved ones year round.

You’ve outdone yourself my friend! This looks delicious. And Serina is a gorgeous little girl.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Nadia February 14, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Look at you, Sara–all sentimental with the romantic songs ;) I also love Frank Sinatra and Norah Jones always makes me teary-eyed! The panna cotta looks yummy, I don’t think I would have the patience to let it set in the fridge! ;)

Kulsum at JourneyKitchen February 14, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I love Norah Jones can hear her all day :) This looks delicious Sara, I mean one doesn’t have to say that its made with Nutella after all :D ! Happy V day my friends. Sending lots of your love ur way

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen February 15, 2011 at 4:27 am

I love that Sinatra song, and I love Nutella as well! I like the idea of combining coconut milk with the Nutella, it sounds delicious. The coconut brittle is a really lovely idea as well and makes a very elegant garnish. Wishing you a very Happy Valentine’s day.

Gargi February 15, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Sara, the post, pictures and music make it all very special. Thank you for this Valentine’s treat.

Nisrine, Dinners & Dreams February 16, 2011 at 1:21 am

So much love and so many hearts in this post, Sara. Like you, I end up celebrating even though it’s not a holiday I care for much.

Hope you had a great V-Day!

lindentea February 16, 2011 at 1:45 am

Yum, this looks so good. I love your photos and recipes.

Lora @cakeduchess February 16, 2011 at 2:55 am

Sara-You are sooo romantic! Frank is my boy! And Norah Jones…lovely. This panna cotta…yum:)Hope you had a nice Valentine’s Day, darling. xx

bunkycooks February 16, 2011 at 8:34 pm

What a beautiful post! You had me at the songs and then Nutella, but the coconut put it over the top! I think you are wishing for Spring with the tropical flavors! :)

Soma February 18, 2011 at 10:38 pm

You have got me craving a lovely dessert again Sara. the lovely songs (Frank Sinatra and Norah Jones are few of my favs too) add to the sweet spirit of the post. What an adorable idea to make the brittle. It looks so pretty too.

tasteofbeirut February 19, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I can just imagine how decadent and wonderfully rich this panna cotta is! Thanks for showcasing the singing of Sinatra and your movie; I will check it out.

Prerna@IndianSimmer February 20, 2011 at 2:25 am

Photo of ur li’l niece made me all teary :-( My li’l A has exactly the same dress!
The panna cotta looks DIVINE Sara! Well, of course it does! It has Nutella in it!

Eliana February 21, 2011 at 4:29 pm

You really really outdid yourself with this creation. So many levels of great flavors and a great combination of textures too. It’s amazing!

Jamie March 2, 2011 at 11:32 am

Oooh another fabulous panna cotta recipe for this panna cotta lover! Husband hates V Day but usually does something for me (although this year…nothing). Desserts like this are always special, no matter the day!