~A Pictorial of The Spice Bazaar in Istanbul & The Delectable Turkish Delights~

Lael Hazan - September 30, 2010 - 11:51 am

Thank you for sharing the photos! We didn’t get enough time to spend there on our visit. I want to go back!!!!

Sara - September 30, 2010 - 11:59 am

Thank you Lael! Would you believe I spent two entire days walking around in the Spice & the Grand Bazaars and I loved it!!! Istanbul is magical & has a special place in my heart! I want to go back for the 3rd time!!!

Nadia - September 30, 2010 - 3:56 pm

wow, love all the details you captured, really stunning! everything looks mouthwatering. i hope you brought back one of those lanterns/chandeliers. i hope to make a trip to turkey soon! :)

Sara - September 30, 2010 - 5:36 pm

You must go Nadia! We should go together…I want to go again & again! :)

Sue - September 30, 2010 - 9:46 pm

Those are the most amazing pictures! I love the one of the apricots. That must have been one great trip, Sara. I’d have gained 10 pounds for sure!

Sara - September 30, 2010 - 10:35 pm

Thanks Sue! I feel blessed to have gone on my wonderful trip this past summer!

Joyti - October 1, 2010 - 3:01 am

I want to go now…so badly. I want one of those gorgeous spice mills, and some of those lanterns, and don’t get me started on the spices themselves..everything looks so exquisite.
Great job with the photographs.

Prerna@IndianSimmer - October 1, 2010 - 7:45 pm

Wow, what a visual delight! You’ve caught the essence perfectly with your camera. Way to go!

Faith - October 1, 2010 - 8:45 pm

This post makes me really miss the Middle East! All the beautiful sights, smells, and sounds…I feel like I’m reliving them again through your lovely photography!

deeba - October 2, 2010 - 5:39 pm

This is one place that is on my have to visit soon list. Gorgeous pictures Sara, and so alive. I envy you, and how!!

lindentea - October 3, 2010 - 1:42 pm

I never get a chance to go to the spice bazaar, there is family and friends to visit, always other things to do but after seeing your pictures, I am planning to spend an entire day there. Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Sara - October 3, 2010 - 9:16 pm

Thank you Deeba! You should visit Istanbul, It’s a mystical city that makes you want to visit over & over again!

carina - October 3, 2010 - 11:27 pm

What an infusion of colour, texture, atmosphere!! Wish I could experience the real thing. Pictures are a delight. Just came upon your blog and surely can’t wait for more to come. Thanks!!

Soma - October 4, 2010 - 6:44 pm

Turkey is one of our dream places to visit. from cuisine to culture to the people we adore every bit of it! Such wonderful colors. Thanks for the virtual tour Sara.

Sara - October 4, 2010 - 10:03 pm

Soma, Turkey is a wonderful country to visit! I have been there few times & want to go back!

Sanura - October 12, 2010 - 3:42 am

These are amazing food pictures. The lamps were colorful. The pastries look delicious. Thank you for sharing!

Tiffany - October 12, 2010 - 10:52 pm

I am in love with and want every single item in your photos! Absolutely beautiful!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.